Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet the Simbots: Blue One (Part 1 of 8)

I thought it would be cool to introduce the 'babydaddies' in my newest simbot / sim /simdroid project.

"ES42" (Envious Sims 42) Laboratories is the unofficial name I've tagged my studio of creations with on the Sims Community forums. Here is my profile:

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Envie42

I'm creating a line of 'Simdroids' (or Androsims) - who are half Simbot, half Sim. I made an experimental group (after the initial two prototypes Anna and Tech) but the world they were growing up on started to get some serious bugs (terrain sinking etc) and so I shelfed them for a bit and started a new batch on an old saved copy of Sunset Valley I called "Goddess Envie's World" because I had removed almost all of the original houses and sims and replaced them with my own or ones I had downloaded.

This new batch is also improved because I have learned a few tricks and things to watch for in my Simbot Fathers (like hidden undesirable traits and physical attributes) and also NOT to use custom content skins, hair, eyes etc on my Sim Mothers... those were both errors I made on the first generation. I also learned how to recolor (without cheats) the exterior of my simbots. I don't care for the rusty old look that you get most of the time by default and found you could use CAS to edit their 'clothing' like a Sim so long as you didn't try picking out any different hair/clothing/skintones etc. Their heads are just 'hat' objects you can recolor too. So I had fun making 8 different simbot Fathers-to-be of various colors.

And so, enough chattering about it aside, I introduce to you the first in my series of Daddybots...

Meet "Blue One"

 (each simbot has his own numbered version / surname)

Blue's Tagline: One is the lonliest number that you'll ever do...  (reference Three Dogs Night song) ;)


Blue is, as I advertised him on The Sims 3 Exchange upload of him, "A simotionally overclocked simbot" - which means he's 'over-emotional' ... and a hopeless romantic too (lock up your small household appliances!). There's one problem however - his fatal flaw: loner. This trait makes it very difficult for Blue to overcome himself and deal with all this crazy simotional programming. He's also a computer whiz, so he ends up spending most of his time holed up at home, surfing the web and chatting online for his social fix.

Blue's House is... well... BLUE! He loves blue, and he loves geometric patterns so his house has a lot of stripes, checks and such - in blue of course. Here's Blue showing off his cute little house:


I built this tiny 'micro-house' on a 10x10 lot - the smallest you can make in the game. It's a challenge to fit everything in that a single (or couple) would need to start out and keep it on a fairly reasonable budget - I've never been good at cheap starter lots. I managed to get this one down to around 21k furnished and 15k unfurnished with NO custom content (very proud of myself managing that, haha).

Blue One and his Blue House can be downloaded from The Sims 3 Exchange here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3670267

I'm not going to reveal the lucky lady chosen to be Blue's mate in my Simdroid creation project just yet, but she's beautiful too. :) After all of the Simbot Dads have had their debut, I will introduce the lovely ladies, and then the simdroid children (who are just now toddlers) will soon follow.

In honor of Blue, I chose the following song as his special 'theme song'




"Blue his house
With a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen to ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment