Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back from Hiatus and on to a new project!

While creating my "Simdroids" is what got me started blogging about Sims 3, its not my only Sims interest. I actually spend a lot more time building than I do playing nowadays. So here I am switching 180 degrees to a new Envious Sims project!

I took a few months off playing Sims 3 to enjoy summer vacation with the kids and to get some real life things done. I also got the latest expansion pack Generations recently so that got me interested in playing some legacies and regular 'vanilla' style neighborhoods. But THEN of course, as always my creative mind started to wander and I got interested in some medieval style buildings done by fans on Mod the Sims.com ... and that's when I started one of my biggest building projects ever.

Presenting "Dark Ember Keep"


Dark Ember Keep is a full scale medieval fortress or 'keep' that houses an inner courtyard, stables, noble's house, guest house, chapel/temple, gatehouse and soldier's quarters. It's currently on a 64x50 lot only because the location I chose to build it in my medieval world (rflong7's Broken Heart Island) is limited on depth. The keep would actually do better on a 64x64 lot so that some surrounding 'kings wood' or agricultural farmland could be added.

Here's a picture of the stables in the inner courtyard. I like how this turned out:



I've been working on it off and on for about a month now - so I actually got back into Sims3 mid June, and have just now started recording new stuff (a legacy still to come). I spent a couple weeks just tinkering with the new Generations expansion - it adds a lot of fun stuff to legacy gaming. Then I started work on my keep, and this is the first time I've taken any screenshots of the outside (inside still unfinished).

With the new Pets expansion coming, and the addition of horses, I think my medieval neighborhood will be a lot of fun. I've yet to populate mine and am waiting to finish this keep and a few other lots.

Here's another lot I've been working on and finished for my medieval neighborhood. This one's a community lot with a small trading market, large horse stable, livestock pens, gardens, and the large Inn in front:


So for now, the simdroids are on hold (I disabled a few of the mods that made them run correctly while playing a new expansion). I still enjoy them and still intend to someday finish out my Envious Sims laboratory production of a full generation of them! But for now, my interests are elsewhere in the simuverse!

No comments:

Post a Comment