Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cannot upload to Sims 3 Exchange

I've been trying for a couple of days to upload my kennel to The Sims 3 Exchange with no luck. Apparently others are also experiencing this problem, whereas many are able to upload fine since I do see recent additions as of today...

I'm not sure what the problem is, since the upload appears to be successful according to the launcher when it opens and I choose upload. I am getting the "uploaded" icon and I can see the repeated attempts I've made saved to my sim bin ingame.

I did some searches of the technical forum and didn't come up with any answers, only a lot of complaints about this problem that span back over the past year so apparently this is a sporadic, chronic issue for many players. I blame EA's crappy servers. Their forums and exchange site are apparently hosted on hamster-wheel driven hardware. :(  Funny though, their 'store' site (where you know, they take your money for paid content) runs like a dream. I can tell where their priorities are... (/sarcasm)

Are you having problems too? If so, voice it here on the technical forums:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page

I guess I should be thankful my game runs at all judging by the sheer volume of crashing / won't run posts there. While I love my Sims dearly and have been playing for years... I really wish EA would improve their customer service, server stability and fix a lot of really basic bugs that I use mods to overcome. If the modding community (yay for Twallan and Pescado fans) can repair this stuff, why can't EA?


No comments:

Post a Comment